Guest Care Policy
We are busy preparing for our reopening, the safety of our team and guests is our paramount concern to us so we have been working on a re-opening protocol that will ensure that all safety measures have been taken as it is up to all of us to stop the spread of this virus.
We now taking bookings online at www.lakesidehotel.ie with some fantastic special offers available. All services are reopening on that date including our Leisure Centre.
We will continue to monitor all government safety advice. Following recent guidelines issued by Fáilte Ireland in line with government guidelines and WHO advice, we will ensure that The Lakeside Hotel & Leisure centre will do all we can to provide a safe environment for all.
As we look forward to welcome guests back, hygiene and safety is at the forefront of all preparations. Our team have completed advanced safety and hygiene training before we opened and have completed a return to work protocol. We have undertaken departmental risk assessments to identify necessary changes to the day-to-day running of our business, ensuring our services are delivered to you with every precaution possible. As a family run hotel, in keeping with our core values, our primary focus is the health and wellbeing of our team and guests. It is now mandatory for all hotel guests to wear face covering's in the public areas of the hotel to stop the spread of Covid-19.
Our team and general Work practices:
1. Our entire team have attended and passed 'COVID-19 Hospitality Operations' which is hospitality specific training on best practice with direct regard to containing spread of Covid- Allied to this, they will have completed an extensive return to work induction and protocol.
2. We have appointed a Lead team member in each department of the hotel with the specific role of ensuring best practice is observed. These team members have been
further trained on these tasks and are documented. Full details of our Covid team and practices can be found HERE
3. All staff have been provided with and trained on the correct use of relevant PPE.
4. Sanitiser units have been put in place at entrances and exits of the hotel and throughout all public areas including reception, toilets, and dining areas.
5. Social distancing will be implemented throughout all outlets in the hotel, and at hotel reception. Signage and markings will be in place.
6. We will sanitise all areas of hotel with Zoono sanitiser which kills all Corona style viruses including COVID-19, more details HERE
7. We will have protective Perspex screens at all relevant areas and counters throughout the hotel.
8. We encourage a contactless payment throughout the hotel, asking guests to pay by card and accept email receipts where possible. For guests wanting to pay in cash, we are implementing a non-touch system which entails use of a payment tray which will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each transaction. Credit card terminals will be cleaned and disinfected between uses.
9. HSE guidelines and posters are displayed throughout the hotel.
10. Regular deep cleaning is carried out throughout the hotel. All surfaces and common touch points including the reception counter, door handles, stair banisters, chairs, and elevator buttons are being cleaned, sprayed, and disinfected multiple times each day. We have appointed additional cleaning staff across all areas. We will have signed cleaning schedules in relevant areas to show when areas have been sanitised. Windows and doors will be opened to allow fresh air to circulate throughout public areas
Reception and Communal areas:
1. Protective screens will be in place at Front desk.
2. Clear Social distancing queue etiquette will be clearly marked at reception.
3. We will only provide porterage on request but will have porter trolleys available which will be sanitised after each use.
4. We will have disposable PPE available at reception.
5. We will issue a pre-arrival form and a digital welcome pack to reduce the exchange of forms and pens at reception. We aim to eliminate as many common touch points as possible.
6. We encourage a contactless payment, asking guests to pay by card and accept email receipts where possible.
7. We will have a Key card drop box at reception and all keys will be disinfected after each stay.
8. We have removed our brochure stand at reception but will provide all this information through our website.
1. Our team will wear appropriate PPE equipment such as masks and disposable aprons and ensure to sanitise hands before and after each bedroom clean.
2. Extra time will be assigned per room to allow for high risk areas to be thoroughly sanitised. All common touch points are being cleaned and disinfected, including phones, remote controls, handles and switches.
3. We have removed non-essential common touch items from the bedrooms including guest literature, guest directory magazine, brochures, room service menus, newspapers, and magazines.
4. Guest in-room dining menus and guest directory magazines will now be supplied digitally, via email. We will also have a list of relevant QR codes positioned on wall in each bedroom to download the relevant information.
5. Non-essential decorative textiles and furnishings will be removed from the bedrooms, i.e. bed throws & cushions.
6. All laundry and waste will be removed from each bedroom in sealed bags and stored appropriately. Our linen is washed at over 70 degrees to ensure elimination of any potential bacteria and viruses.
7. There will be a further inspection by supervisory staff where they will treat all high touch point areas again. All rooms will have been treated with Zoono sanitiser (click HERE for more information) through a ‘fogging mist’ and room will be sealed by way of a sticker that needs to be broken when you enter room. If this is not present, room should not be entered.
8. We will not clean room during stayover but offer an opt in on room cleaning if you stay more than one night on check in, delivering essential items by sealed bags.
9. Team will not enter any bedrooms whilst guests are present. All room related services and requests will be handled when room is vacant.
10. We will have a designated Isolation room in the event of any suspected case of Covid-19 being detected. All HSE guidelines will be followed with notifications.
1. We have realigned our dining areas and seating arrangements to ensure social distancing is in place in each area. We have utilised various other locations in hotel to enhance this.
2. We will take bookings for all areas as we will have very limited walk in space available. Bookings can be made on check in and online at www.lakesidehotel/dining
3. We will not have any public buffets in operation. Notably for breakfast, all hot food & beverages will be served to tables. We will have a breakfast counter manned by our team serving relevant ambient items individually.
4. We pray for good weather as we will utilise all outside tables to ensure a socially distanced al fresco experience (note; put out Child of Prague!)
5. All menus in our dining areas will be one use only. This includes our room service menus. Our staff are extremely knowledgeable on the relevant menus and advise of selection if this is not an option.
6. We have removed all condiments from tables and will provide all of these on request in disposable containers.
7. All tables and chairs will be cleaned and sanitised between each use.
8. Drinks will be available by table service only in all areas. All stools will be removed from bar area.
9. We strongly encourage a contactless payment, asking guests to pay by card where possible.
1. We will limit the capacity of our pool and gym at any one time. We will request that you book time slots in these areas in advance. Staggered times are available to avoid congestion in changing rooms.
2. We have treated all areas with Zoono sanitiser which offers up to 30 days protection against all corona virus type pathogens including Covid-19. Click HERE for more details
3. Gym equipment and changing rooms will be cleaned and sanitised every 30 minutes.
4. We encourage hotel residents to avoid changing areas and use robes provided in room as a safer experience.
5. We will insist that all users utilise the lockers provided in changing areas and not leave any items on benches. We will close these areas each hour for 10 minutes to allow for extra cleaning and sanitising to take place.
6. We ask guests to use antiseptic wipes on all machines before and after use.
7. Particular attention will be paid to regular cleaning of high touch point areas such as the Gym and changing rooms.
8. To allow for social distancing , only two people allowed at any one time in the Jacuzzi, Sauna & Steam Room.
For further information, please contact 061 376122 or email email@example.com
We are highly committed to preventing the spread of Covid-19 and are actively promoting the HSE guidelines regarding hygiene and preventative measures. We ask that our guests and employees remain up to date on these guidelines: https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/protect-yourself.html